Sunday, February 10, 2019

Thing 3: Photo Fun


New Resources I found when exploring Creative Commons Photos...

Photos For Class and Photopin

Third graders do a research project at the end of the year and are always looking for photos to use in their presentations. So I spent most of my time exploring the photo resource sites. I really like the Photos For Class website. It is simple to use and students will be able to easily search for photos that without being distracted by adds or pop-ups or accidentally stumbling onto photos that may be inappropriate.

I also really liked Photopin because it has the option of selecting the size of the photo before you download it.

I think these sites are going to be great resources for my students.

*Another take away is the idea of using a "class photographer" to document class lessons and activities. I am always the one taking pictures and sharing them with parents. In fact, I actually stopped posting them on my blog because parents didn't seem to visit it. However, if they know their child is responsible for taking pictures and posting about our classroom happenings, then perhaps that will encourage parents to be more involved and the blog regularly. I think this is an idea I am going to try out.



1 comment:

  1. What a great point about having the kids take the photos, you're right the parents would definitely pay attention that way! Clever!

    ReplyDelete