Sunday, February 10, 2019

Thing 17: ebook creation


I really like the idea of having students create ebooks. I have had students use Book Creator and Google Slides before. I have only really ever given them the option to use it to present their animal research projects, however, as I was exploring more ebook resources, I began thinking about all of the possibilities...
       research project presentation
       publishing personal narratives
       publishing information books
       ebooks as a tool to explain content
       creating ABC review books
       (and clearly at least 100 more things)

NOT TO MENTION ... all the TYPING practice the creation of an ebook provides!!!

I created a basic ebook about main idea just to test out some of the features. I really like that students can narrate it, as well as share it online. I felt like it was pretty easy to use and that students would be able to figure it out pretty quickly as well.  I like that I can easily send out assignments via Google Classroom as well. It would be nice if you could print it for free, but think of all the paper we're saving by sharing digitally!

My VERY simple ebook: Main Idea ebook

1 comment:

  1. With Google Slides you could export as a PDF for printing. But you don't get as nice an online experience as you do with storyjumper and book creator.

    ReplyDelete