Screencastify:
I can see myself using Screencastify to provide simple explanations or give directions for assignments. I could then share out the screen casts via Google Classroom and students could access the information even if I am working with other students. I recently had a new student join our class, so I made a quick instructional video on how to access and complete the Readworks assignment so she can access the directions in case she forgets what to do during our reading block. (It's not the best video example because my Google Classroom screen looks different than the student version, but I think it will still provide her with enough support to get started on her own.)
Readworks Instructions
It would be great if my teammates and I could each create a few screencasts for the math concepts and then share them with each other. It would be a great thing to send home so parents know how to help students with math. I see lots of possibilities...now I just need some time to cast away!
Darn, the link to the video wasn't a public link. I think it went to your editing screen. Anyways, good ideas for using screencasting. And congrats on finishing the workshop!
ReplyDelete